Hear Better. Live Better
Dedicated to providing quality expertise and technical assistance to people with a hearing loss
We are social enterprise business not for profit dedicated to providing quality expertise and technical assistance to people with a hearing loss and supporting a charitable organisation in Cheshire.
Positive Hearing is the partner company to the charity Deafness Support Network, which has over 40 years experience of providing advice and support to many people in the community with hearing loss or D/deafness.
Here at Positive Hearing we are devoted to providing the latest in technology products and systems to the D/deaf Community, and we pride ourselves on our friendly and informative service.
In Northwich and Macclesfield we have a fully equipped retail unit where you are more than welcome to try and test various devices that will make a difference to your hearing and your lifestyle. Solutions to transform your quality of life, helping you regain your hearing and independence
We have a fully registered clinical Audiologist who is able to provide hearing assessments in our new state of the art soundproof booth. For more information on our Audiology service and free hearing tests please visit our services page.
“Very good service, the lady took a lot of time and trouble to sort us out with a phone which would suit our needs. We’re very happy”Mr and Mrs Thompson - Sandbach
Our wide range of services include:
- Free hearing assessments with qualified audiologist
- Micro suction and wax removal clinics
- Virtually invisible digital hearing aids, private hearing aid demonstrations fitting follow-ups and reprogramming
- Hearing protection including impressions of your ears for hearing aid moulds and protection
- Large range of amplified devices including telephones, loops and personal listeners
- Tinnitus solutions
Contact us to find out more
“I was struggling with the telephone and hearing aids for months. Positive Hearing came out on time and spent a great deal of time and effort to set up the new phones. Thank you”Mr Thirsk - Macclesfield
Are you taking care of your ears?
- Do you have trouble hearing in noisy or busy places?
- Do you frequently have to ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do you turn up the volume on the TV, radio or phone?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you should have your hearing assessed professionally.
Untreated hearing loss has been linked to many health-related issues. This is why it’s important to take an empowered, proactive approach to health during every stage of your life. Let it begin with your hearing health.
- People 75 years or older with a hearing loss experience a 30-40% faster decline in cognitive abilities compared to peers without hearing loss1
- Adults with untreated hearing loss were more likely to report depression anxiety and paranoia than peers who wore hearing aids2
- Health consequences associated with hearing loss include increased risk of dementia, falls, hospitalisation and diminished physical and mental health3
- Hearing loss is the third most common physical condition after arthritis and hypertension
1 Lin, F. R., Yaffe, K., Xia, J., Xue, Q., Harris, T. B., Purchase-Helzner, E., … Simonsick, E. M. (2013). Hearing Loss and Cognitive Decline in Older Adults. JAMA Internal Medicine,173(4), 293-299. doi:10.1001/jamainternmed.2013.1868
2 Reinemer, M., & Hood, J. (1999). http://www.audiology.org/publications-resources/ document-library/untreated-hearing-loss-linked-depression-social-isolation
3 Johns Hopkins Medicine. (2011). http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/hearing_loss_and_ dementia_linked_in_study; Agarwal, S., Mishra, A., Jagade, M., Kasbekar, V. & Nagle, S. K. (2013). Retrieved from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/ PMC3889339/; Johns Hopkins Medicine. (2012). http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/ news/media/releases/hearing_loss_linked_to_three_fold_risk_of_falling
You can find us at:
144 London Road, Northwich, CW9 5HH
27 Bridge Street, Macclesfield, SK11 6EG
Call 0333 220 5050
or text 01606 350823
Positive Hearing is a Company Limited by Guarantee and is a not-for-profit business with a registered Social Enterprise status
Company Registration 09194156
144 London Road, Northwich, CW9 5HH 27 Bridge Street Macclesfield SK11 6EG Call 0333 220 5050 or text 01606 350823